The ProjectUpdatesEventsThe HistoryMultimediaContact
Current EventsPast EventsSpecial Events


Acworth Meetinghouse Restoration Project: June 3, 2007

Present: S. Wotowiec, J. Clowes, E. Clowes, P. Kish, J. Brown, K. Christie, L. Christie, J. Putnam

Meeting began: 6:00PM

Minutes: May 20, 2007: Motion LC/PK to accept as submitted, passed.

Bills approved: Payroll

Committee Reports:

1. Steering (JC, JP)

a. News from Arron Sturgis: AS participated in Sacred Places seminar with Acworth group; JC will contact for delivery of contractor specs; KC noted Craig Oshkello is willing to work up drawings relating to drainage issues, need to have CO meet with AS.

b. Cheshire County Historical Society exhibit: JP picked up weathervane and photos.

c. Sacred Places planning: EC noted program’s emphasis on community partnerships and the value of sacred places as public spaces; JB noted the extent of United Church’s existing community outreach, others noted that that outreach is spread across the Church’s various locations rendering the cumulative effect to be broad based rather than only Meetinghouse based, signage on satellite buildings such as Community Aid would raise awareness of Church underpinning to outreach; JP stressed need for physical work on Steeple to begin, Arron’s specs needed for this; JC encouraged Committee reviewing Sacred Places guidelines and task assignment at next meeting.

2. Historical Committee (PK,JR,GH) Discussion took place regarding need for Old Home Day presence; K/LC hope to request Old Home Committee select Steeple as theme for this year; Pending OH Committee response possible speakers for project could be Arron, James Garvin, John Ryder, Helen Frink, photo and/or model display of project would be desirable.

3. Financial Report (SLH, SW) Motion JP/JB to accept subject to audit, passed.

4. Office update (kb)

a. LCHIP Round 7 preapp approved; full application due 7-20-7.

Other items:

1. George Hanson has encouraged State recognition of Steeple Project, need to follow-up with Rep. Jay Phinizy.

Meeting adjourned: 8:00PM; Next meeting: 6-17-7; Respectfully, Kathi Bradt.