Title
The ProjectUpdatesEventsThe HistoryMultimediaContact
 
Current EventsPast EventsSpecial Events
 

MINUTES draft

Acworth Meetinghouse Restoration Project: June 18, 2007

Present: S. Wotowiec, J. Clowes, A. Grant, K. Grant, J. Brown, E. Clowes, P. Kish,

L. Christie, K. Christie

Meeting began: 6:00PM

Minutes: June 3, 2007: Motion KC/EC to accept as submitted, passed.

Bills approved: Payroll

Committee Reports:

1. Steering (JC, JP)

a. Arron Sturgis update: AS drainage report distributed; KC recommended obtaining drawn plans, bidding excavation, possible volunteer use for removal of material from basement; KC will research further, particularly relating to mold removal and return with proposal; JC will request plans drawn by Ted Fellows; PK will publish problem description from AS report and submit total report for website; EC will condense Project Assessment for publication.

b. Sacred Places planning: Maggie Stier will be Acworth coach; JC will phone to set initial meeting date; Regarding proceeding, EC noted need to build on what has already been developed in terms of accumulated historical, etc.; Quote for the day (EC): “Beyond the building’s value assessment is its historical testament to the impulse of generousivity of the community.” JC and EC will review Sacred Places material and develop job list.

2. Historical Committee (GH, PK, JR)

a. Old Home Committee favorable to AS as speaker and project information table, also willing to include project brochure with Old Home program mailing; Brochure will need reprint, kb to contact Cheryl Pokorny, clear photo credit with Guy Russell; EC interested in developing greeting card from brochure photo, clear with GR; Obtain display frame either as constructed by John Putnam or order.

3. Financial Report (SLH, SW) Submitted.

4. Office update (kb)

a. LCHIP app in progress; Regarding Stewardship, there is a fund begun in recent years the principal from which is dedicated to building maintenance, proceeds from the fund covered restoration of the Parsonage and Community Aid buildings and will be available for Meetinghouse maintenance; Financial capability illustrated by marshalling of funds for past resto projects and current project pledges in $50,000 range.

Action items:

1. Garden Tour: PK will get press release to website; EC will post signup sheet for Congregation to volunteer at Meetinghouse during tour hours.

2. JC will follow up with Craig Oshkello regarding offer to work on project drawings.

3. kb will follow up with Jay Phinizy regarding process for Legislature recognition of project.

Adjourned 7:50PM; Next meeting: 07/08/2007; Respectfully, Kathi Bradt.