Title
The ProjectUpdatesEventsThe HistoryMultimediaContact
 
Current EventsPast EventsSpecial Events
 

MINUTES draft

Acworth Meetinghouse Restoration Project: July 22, 2007

Present: S. Wotowiec, J. Clowes, A. Grant, K. Grant, J. Putnam, J. Rider, L. Christie, K. Christie, P. Kish, E. Clowes

Meeting began: 6:05PM

Minutes: July 8, 2007: Motion KG/JP to accept as edited, passed.

Bills approved: Staples for brochure reprint, payroll.

Visitors: Wes Cubberly expressed interest in construction phase of project.

Committee Reports:

1. Steering (JC, JP)

a. Building update: Basement cleanup planned for 8-18-7 at 9:00AM, KC to oversee, JR to record significant items as they are removed, JC to procure masks and gloves, Peter Young has or will install lighting and GFI; Drainage plan to be reviewed with Lyle Balla 7-23-7, kb to invite Kerry Smith; JR and JP noted need for additional proposals, LC will make calls, KC will meet with additional contractors, KC, JC and JP to review results and recommend course to Committee.

b. Sacred Places update: Need for point person may be filled by Sharon Miller, SM will review material, JC recommends start up by mid August, John Demars has interest in project and would be a valuable addition as we proceed with capital campaign.

2. Historical Committee (GH, PK, JR)

a. Old Home Day: AMR brochures mailed with Old Home Day programs; JC will confirm Arron Sturgis as speaker; Guy Russell display board was used for Garden Tour and will be used it Old Home Day (its great!).

3. Financial Report (SLH, SW): Received as submitted; Anonymous donation received: $100,000.

4. Office update (kb)

a. Website receives approximately 100 hits per month.

b. LCHIP application reviewed by JC and EC, filed 7-17-7.

c. Seven to Save lecture series begins 8-19-7 in Derry, distribute flyer 8-5.

Action items:

1. Females Auction 7-28-7: LC and KC bringing grill and food, JP available to help.

2. Garden Tour: Need for thank yous to organizers, gardeners and Females; the Tour was an overwhelming success and may be repeated next year.

Discussion:

1. JP recommended beginning work on small building details (trim, urns), JC agreed but prefers contractor specs in hand prior to start, JC will request from Arron Sturgis; It was noted that there will be a need to restructure the Committee into two areas of emphasis: building work and case study, need to revisit this 8-5.

Meeting adjourned at 7::50PM; Next meeting: 8-5-7; Respectfully, Kathi Bradt.