Title
The ProjectUpdatesEventsThe HistoryMultimediaContact
 
Current EventsPast EventsSpecial Events
 

MINUTES draft

Acworth Meetinghouse Restoration Project: August 26, 2007

Present: J. Clowes, A. Grant, K. Grant, P. Howe, J. Putnam, L. Christie, K. Christie,

P. Kish, J. Brown, E. Clowes, J. Rider

Meeting began: 6:00PM

Minutes: August 5, 2007: Motion LC/KG to accept as edited, passed.

Bills approved: Motion KG/EC to continue practice of co-chair signatures authorizing invoices for payment, passed; Bills signed today: Young’s Electric, Ken Christie, payroll.

Visitors: John Demars, Sharon Miller

Committee Reports:

1. Steering (JC, JP)

a. Building report: Drainage project currently at approximately $32,000: L. Balla @ $21,000, Christie @ $5,700, Young’s Electric @ $1,200; Note of appreciation for all the work by Ken Christie, John Putnam and Jon Clowes in overseeing the project; Next step: Contractors’ meeting possibly 9-14-7 or on receipt and digestion of Arron Sturgis specs; Local contractors to be contacted individually and media announcement for wider consumption, PK will draft announcement.

b. Sacred Places planning: JC welcomed John Demars and Sharon Miller and invited their participation in the Sacred Places process; JC provided brief outline of process’s five steps: 1. Calculating the building’s public value, 2. Exploring the building’s heritage and how its history fits the community’s history, 3. Building assessment (We have this from Arron), 4. Discovering partners, 5. Telling the whole story also known as the Case Statement; At this time EC, PK and PH are prepared to begin work on this process, SM will help, JD will review material; It was noted that this process of getting our story down pat becomes the basis for our capital campaign.

2. Historical (GH, PK, JR)

a. It was noted website needs updating, PK is working on this.

b. JR read narrative of basement cleanout finds.

3. Financial (SLH, SW): Tabled as only page one was available.

4. Office update (kb)

a. Seven to Save nomination in progress: Need any available press reports and Drainage project photos.

Other items:

1. PK relayed Carole Wallace suggestion that we celebrate the anniversary of the Meetinghouse dedication on December 8, possible cake with pledge value candles?

Meeting adjourned at 7:45PM; Next meeting: 9-9-7; Respectfully, Kathi Bradt.